Did you know that about 1 million cups of chamomile tea are consumed daily around the world? What if I told you that chamomile can help you look younger?The polyphenols and phytochemicals contained in chamomile normally help the plant resist fungi and bacteria.
But when applied to the skin, they help accelerate cell and tissue renewal, reduce the appearance of fine lines and give your skin a youthful glow.
Below is an easy face mist you can make at home with a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Store it in your refrigerator between uses.
- ¼ cup distilled water
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera juice
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 2-3 drops lavender essential oil
- Tea kettle or small sauce pan
- small spray bottle with fine mist sprayer
- Bring water to a boil, then steep the tea bag for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Fill half of the spray bottle with tea, add distilled water to fill the bottle.
- Add lavender essential oil and shake.
- Hold bottle 5-6 inches away from your face and spritz.
- Let the mist sit for a minute. Then blot off the excess with a tissue.
Recipe inspired by Humble.